Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yeah, buddy!

Just a quick pop-in to say that I have lost 20 pounds.  All that hard work is starting to pay off. :)

I'm not going to bother with this week's menu, because the week is almost over. But I will generalize it for you.   Basically, we had rolled oatmeal for breakfast the first two days, and the rest of the week is cereal and milk. It's mostly cheerios, to be honest.  Snacks are apple slices and almonds. The kids get an extra snack, and they have nutrigrain bars this week. The kids are not on a diet, so I do not restrict their calorie intakes. For the most part, kids are very good about stopping when they are satisfied, so as long as I am giving them healthy food options and they remain as active as they usually are, I don't need to worry about it much.

Anyway, lunches for the kids are various sandwiches on whole wheat bread. They love peanut butter and jelly, but the like other nut and seed butters as well. hey like the reduced sugar options available at Whole Foods. They also get a fruit/veg choice, and maybe a special dessert like one cookie. Grown-ups had various lunches this week. Mostly salad with a protein. The first couple of days this week I had romaine salad with 1 c spicy organic chicken chili on top with a serving of shredded cheese. This was good for me because I had done an hour long workout mid-morning, and I was starving for protein.  DH gets salad AND soup because he gets really really hungry during the day. I think stress contributes to it, but whatever the case I have to feed the man. :)  The rest of the week will be similar lunches.

I have green tea every afternoon at snack time, alongside my apple and almonds. It carries me through so I am not tempted to sample the ingredients while cooking dinner.  Dinners this week have been meatloaf and baked potato with veggies, blueberry buckwheat pancakes (in honor of national pancake day), and tonight's meal is baked chicken breast, Texmati wild rice blend, and stirfry veggies topped with braggs aminos. The rest of the week includes meals like falafel and veggies in an 8 grain pita and Sweet potato fries (I don't eat those because I have lost my taste for french fries of all kinds, but the family likes them), scrambled organic eggs (which taste so much better than regular eggs) ezekiel toast with fruit spread, and fruit.

So there you are. That's pretty much how I am losing weight. I eat well, and I am exercising  a lot, and it's starting to show. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment