Wednesday, October 30, 2013

THM for Life




I alluded in my last post to how busy I had been this summer. It's true: there was so much going on, but a lot of it I can't share with you right now.  What I can share with you though, is the discovery of the greatest book ever written. Well, that may be taking it a little far since the Bible already holds that title, but I will say it is a book that has changed my life forever. 

As I had mentioned a long while ago, I have been struggling for a long time with my weight. I would cut calories, exercise like a maniac (like I was doing 8 miles on the elliptical daily. Seriously, ain't nobody got time for that) and I was struggling to lose even a pound. It took me half a year to lose about 30-ish pounds. It was torturous, and I was tired, and I was ready to give up. Then I found the book.


Trim, Healthy Mama is a book by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison.  They are two fellow homeschooling Moms who did a crazy amount of research, tested their findings on themselves, and came away with the  most balanced and Biblical approach to food I have ever seen. When I tell you I have found freedom from my relationship to food because of this book, I am seriously understating it.

I am not going to give away too much of the book's secrets ;) but I will tell you that it is a healthy way of eating that does not cut out any macronutrients and works to stabilze blood sugar/glucose.  It. Is. Awesome.  It's awesome because you never go hungry, and  you never feel deprived. You eat satisfying, yummy foods and heal your body at the same time.  Curious? Check them out on Amazon. They are relaunching their website very soon, but until then, just look at the reviews on Amazon.

I have lost 55 pounds since December. I have lost two clothing sizes since I started THM in late July. I have gained great confidence and a better body image, and best of all, very good health.  No more pain in my feet,  much more energy, and the petichae I had on my legs for 8 years is disappearing.

I heartily recommend this book. Anyone can do it; men, women, and kids, and I promise you won't be disappointed.  I will be sharing my meal plans from time to time on here.  The meals and snacks will be labeled according to the catgegories in the plan, and quite a few of the recipes can only be found in the book, so you won't be able to cheat and skip buying the book. You can always get the e-book or PDF version if that floats your boat, but you will have to anty up and pay these lovely ladies for all their incredible work.  Keep your eyes peeled: I'll be posting my first menu very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment