Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Weekly THM Style Meal Plan



As I mentioned the other day, I am totally freaking out about awesome Trim Healthy Mama is.  It's truly life-changing. If you haven't gone and bought the book yet, hurry up and get to it! I think I heard something about Amazon being back ordered right now (because the book is so awesome!), but I am pretty sure you can get it from Barnes and Noble, too. I know they can order it for you. Just helping you out there. ;)

I function best with a meal plan and it helps keep me on budget, so I make a monthly overview of dinners, and a weekly plan with meals and snacks all spelled out. I am going to share the weekly plan with you. Keep in mind that, in order to avoid being in my kitchen any longer than necessary, I prep some of the ingredients for these meals ahead of time. The MIM (aka the muffin in a mug) is so yummy, and I often get a hankering for it. I prepped the dry ingredients for a dozen muffins in individual sized snack bags, and put those in my fridge. All I have to do for those is take the ingredient bag out whip it up with the 3 wet ingredients and zap that sucker in the microwave. Awesomeness. Same for the FSF (aka Fat Stripping Frappa): so delicious that I must indulge often. So I prepped the dry ingredients for that ahead too and keep it in my pantry.  I highly recommend prepping ahead as much as you can, but I keep my menu pretty easy anyway, so don't be afraid if you don't want to prep.

Sunday
Breakfast:
Coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and bullet proof coffee made with MCT oil (S)
(we wake  up running on Sunday's since the Rev and I have to be at church so early for our various responsibilities. We're pretty lucky we get the coffee, actually. :)  The kids get Kefir, a banana, and a kids CLIF bar. They always get a nice snack from the fellowship hall and in their class, so this doesn't bother me too much. If this bugs you, just think happy thoughts and pretend you didn't see it.)

Lunch:
Sandwich on plan approved bread, pickle spear, and an apple (E)

Snack:
Chocolate MIM with homemade whipped cream and coffee (S)

Dinner:
Leftover baked chicken, sliced carrots with ginger and nutmeg, and brown rice (E)
(I'm pretty tired on Sunday, so I make double the food the night before. We sit down to a good meal of leftovers, and I don't have to knock myself out too much.)

Monday:
Breakfast:
2 eggs and 3 Tbsp liquid egg whites scrambled up with frozen peppers and onions and turkey sausage in either coconut oil or butter. Fresh Raspberries on the side (S)

Lunch:
Small salad and a Peanut butter chocolate FSF (FP)  (This remains a FP because I use defatted peanut butter)

Snack:
Two light rye wasa crackers with 1 light french onion laughing cow cheese wedge on them, and a cup of Earl Grey Tea

Dinner:
Turkey Burgers seasoned with Mrs Dash and baked, a pickle spear, and homemade (sugar-free) broccoli slaw. (S)
(If you absolutely must have a bun, there is a recipe for one in the book, or you could use a josephs pita. I am not that inclined toward buns, so I either eat it with a fork or with two lettuce leaves.

Tuesday
Breakfast:
Coffee and a FP Smoothie. Either a FSF or a BBS (you'll understand that if you buy the book. See? you need it :) ) (FP)

Lunch: Crispy Salmon (pg 283) over salad with Balsamic vinegar (this is so delicious, I am sad when it's gone. For real) (S)

Snack: Pumpkin Pie Cake (FP) This recipe is on Pinterest

Dinner: Slow Cooker Beef Roast and steamed broccoli florets (S)


Wednesday
Breakfast:
2 eggs and 3 Tbsp liquid egg whites scrambled up with frozen peppers and onions and turkey sausage in either coconut oil or butter. Fresh Raspberries on the side (S)

Lunch: Buffalo Chicken on Salad with Kens ranch. (S) (I use canned chicken breast in this recipe. Heat up Franks red hot sauce and a little butter and parmesan cheese) and then add in the canned chicken breast. Heat and put on your salad. Easy)

Snack: FSF  (FP)

Dinner: Parmesan crusted chicken, spinach quinoa, and green beans (S)


Thursday:
Breakfast: Coffee and a FP Smoothie

Lunch: Just like Campbell's Tomato Soup (in the book!!) and grilled cheese on pita or lavash (there is an approved brand that fits in with THM) (S)

Snack: Coffee and Skinny Chocolate (S)

Dinner: Freezer "E" burritos (pinterest)


Friday
2 eggs and 3 Tbsp liquid egg whites scrambled up with frozen peppers and onions and turkey bacon in either coconut oil or  (S)butter

Lunch: Crispy Salmon on Salad (SO SO YUMMY!) (S)

Dinner: Speedy Crust Pepperoni Pizza and Salad (S)



Saturday:
Breakfast: Chili Rellenos and raspberries (S)

Lunch: Lettuce Wraps (E)

Snack: Wasa Crackers and Light Laughing Cow Cheese (E)

Dinner: Baked Chicken, Brown Rice: and Steamed Carrots (E)

Dessert: Baked Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment