Monday, April 1, 2013

Meal Plan Monday...actually on Monday!

Hey look at me! I am posting on the correct day! :)  It's the little things in life....

Anyway, I have the meal plan for this week all worked out. I went shopping on Friday and got all my ingredients for the week and spent Saturday prep-cooking. I love having things prepped and ready to go. It helps immensely when I am trying to homeschool my very spirited ladies.

Breakfasts are either heritage flakes with milk and fruit, ezekiel toast and fruit, cinnamon raisin ezekiel toast or organic flax waffles with fruit. Simple! I usually have a couple of cups of coffee, but I am starting to wean myself down again. (I'll have a post on that soon)



Lunches (and these are in no particular order...)

Red beans and rice on salad

Lentil Soup

Beef Barley Soup  (this recipe made a huge amount. I made it Saturday, and it turned out 16 LARGE portions. So we'll eat this at least twice this week. I put the rest in the freezer)

White Bean Farro Soup

PB&J, apple and carrot sticks



Dinners

Pot roast with onions, fingerling potatoes , fresh green beans

Grilled Chicken, brown rice pasta salad and roasted asparagus

turkey veggie meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and broccoli
  
thai turkey meatballs with thai noodles and broccoli

Spaghetti with turkey sauce and side salad

hamburger (grilled) on an ezekiel bun with lettuce & tomato, with coleslaw, pickle and popchips

air-popped popcorn, yogurt and fruit. (we still like to do this on Sunday nights because our day is so crazy on Sunday)




Snacks and Desserts

My little ones get a snack every afternoon. I often do, too, but mine is almost always an organic apple or other piece of fruit and a small serving of almonds.  I like a cup of tea at this time, too. The kids snacks vary.

This week's snacks
 organic kids juice (very watered down) and some Annie's Organic Bunny Snack Mix
organic apple and organic cheese, water
chocolate chip cookie made with coconut flour (coconut flour has a lot of fiber) and organic milk
oatmeal buckwheat raisin cookie made with bananas (again with the fiber) and organic milk
air-popped popcorn and "chocolate" milk...(this is really organic milk mixed with about 2 tbsp dark chocolate almond milk. It is high in protein)
 small group dessert: this is the only night we have dessert. I always make it so I know what is in it. This week is raspberry buckwheat cobbler.  (The recipe calls for hemp, but since I have people that are on medications in my group, I skip that. I also skip grapefruit because it interferes in a lot of meds. Just some good info there.) 

And that is it for this week.  Let me know if you have any questions on this stuff.  Eventually, I will get a nice little template set up again for this, but the computer I have now is pretty bare bones. So until then, please be patient with my list. 



No comments:

Post a Comment